Current Zoom: 100%
Association for Educational Activity
The Association for Educational Activity (OK) is an independent adult education organisation. Its task is to promote education, the arts and other forms of liberal adult education together with its member organisations. OK maintains the OK Study Centre.
OK’s membership consists of 67 Finnish NGOs. It is led by a board of member organisations’ representatives.
According to its strategy, OK
- develops, supports and guides adult learning in NGOs
- promotes cooperation between its member organisations
- promotes a tolerant, multicultural society.
In order to achieve its mission, OK
- maintains the OK Study Centre
- sets up projects related to training and learning in NGOs
- organises topical arts and cultural events
- produces a variety of publications
- takes up an active role in influencing educational and cultural policy
- participates in international cooperation.
OK’s goals include, for example, successful lobbying, networking among its membership, and proactive identification of its clients’ needs.
OK is a member of the Finnish Adult Education Association, the Employers’ Federation of Private Educational Institutions and Universities in Finland, The Confederation of Finnish Industries, the Katto-Meny Internet service cooperative, the European network of centres for education and culture EBZ, Europäische Bildungs- und Begegnungszentren and ESREA (European Society for Research on the Education of Adults).
General Secretary Kristiina Kumpula of the Finnish Red Cross serves as chairperson of the board during 2010 - 2012. In addition to the chairperson, the board consists of eight members with personal alternates. Members and alternates are elected among OK’s member organisations.